Holly: Berea College is a pretty spectacular place. If you don't believe us, please refer to
this post here.
Every year, right around the beginning of October, Berea cancels classes for the day and ships students out to an outdoor area with hiking trails and the like. It's called Mountain Day. Yay! Other than free food, student-led performances, and other free stuff (such as henna tattoos and face painting), some of the most gorgeous hiking trails are open and they lead you to some spectacularly amazing views! I mean, it's literally almost like touching the sky.
This year is my last year celebrating this fall-centered special day, as I am graduating, so Kelly and I decided to hike the 1.1 miles at sunrise to watch the sun come up. And let me tell you, if you are not completely mesmerized and awestruck by the glorious orange ball rising slowly in the pink sky, then you need your eyes checked! When it happened, literally, the entire mountain fell silent. Amazing! There really are no words.
So, here's to you, Mountain Day! May you continue to provide students with a break from the demands of class and work and captivate us by your beautiful nature and happy atmosphere of students! Cheers!
Kelly: Keeping it short tonight...reeling from a crazy day with adolescents and screaming, sand-throwing hair-pulling children...or just one child in particular. For more details, please read
tonight's post on my separate blog. Enjoy! Anywho, I'm not going to steal Holly's thunder, but we were just talking about the fact that if there was a survey about our favorite holiday, she would say Mountain Day. And it would be funny, because nobody would have a clue what she was talking about.
Ok, I'm going to stop my "I've-been-awake-since-5AM-ramblings" and let the pictures speak for themselves. Here are some pics from yesterday's and some previous year's Mountain Days. Enjoy!!!
 |
| From our first year! :D |
 |
| Our crazy friends (I was not present that day) did this! We are AWESOME |
 |
| From our Jr. year. Again, I (Kelly) was not present. (I was on physical restriction due to bad ankle) |
 |
| These remaining are from this year!! |
 |
| There's me! |
 |
| I just love this |
 |
| Holly (left) and Me (right) |
 |
| I took this of my wonderful sister :] |
 |
| The sun greeting us on a beautiful day |
 |
| From a while back. Captured this stunning photograph <3 |
 |
Can't have Mountain Day without Tilly!!!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment