To be fair, though, I haven't seen my little sweety pie since August. Our bassett, Nala. No, not from the Lion King "Nala." If you really want to know the story of her name feel free to ask. She joined our family in February of 2008 and we all love her to pieces; she's so funny! She sings...she especially loves the J.G. Wentworth commercials and "How Much is that Doggie in the Window." Will have to record it sometime and share!
| Nala |
The four-legged beauty I still call my baby, though, is no longer with us. She passed away in March of last year: chalk it up to old age and some kind of sickness (she was put to sleep). Honest to goodness, THE sweetest dog you in the world! Wouldn't hurt a fly even if you told her to. She also had those deep brown eyes that just seemed to say "I'm listening, and I love you." I still miss her. A lot.
![]() | |||
| Raven |
Anyway, now that I miss my dog like hardcore...
:(
Kelly: Ahh, dog fever. I caught it today hardcore. Something else Nala does that Holly forgot to mention; she sings to her toys. Nala is...very particular about her toys, so she likes the ones with all the squeaker things. Anywho, sometimes she can't find the squeaker, so she provides the squeaker sound! At times it's very soft, but sometimes we all can hear it. Thus we proceed to either mute the TV or stop what we are doing to listen and giggle at her, because it is the funniest thing ever. Nala also really really really likes people! Last year for Thanksgiving break, we brought our friend from Oregon home with us, and she was all over her! However, Nala does not like other dogs. Seriously, she turns into the world's biggest wimp. It is pretty funny though, in pathetic sort of way. Other fears of hers include the broom, the vacuum, cardboard Christmas wrapping paper tubes, and...pretty much things that make noise.
![]() | ||||
| This was taken the day after we got her. She had just woken up |
Then she wanted to be my bff, which included begging for my coffee and drooling on my jeans. That's my day in a nutshell, as I wrote on my Twitter: BRING IN THE DOGS!!! Great day. Hope you all read this and go give your dogs some lovin'. If you don't have a dog...well then, drool and marvel over the pictures. Cheers!
![]() |
| Addie :] |



No comments:
Post a Comment