Sunday, January 22, 2012

Like a Boss

Holly: Now, this post is nothing monumentally spectacular or anything going on in our lives, and it does seem kind of vain, posting about something as mundane as this, but hey, we like it, and maybe you all will to.

Yes, despite the never-ending busyness that seems to daily engulf Kelly and I, we have begun watching a new TV series (our favorite one ended back in May of 2011 and since then we've just lived on reruns of Whose Line is it Anyway and, even more recently, Frasier).  ANYWAY...

This show is simply called "Boss" and, although I'm not sure of the weekday it airs, it's on Starz at 10pm and it stars Kelsey Grammer (personal aside: I've always admired him as an actor, even if he does not have the best track record).  The show circulates around the professional and personal life of fictitious Chicago mayor Tom Kane, who's just been diagnosed with DLB (Dementia with Lewy Bodies).  Battling this new and degenerative disorder, he does his best to keep this from his assistants and his wife, with whom he has an unsettling relationship.  He also gets back in touch with his estranged daughter Emma, who is, to no surprise, reluctant to rekindle their relationship.  In addition to all of this, he's also brought in the former Treasurer of the state to run for governor against his former ally.

I'm two episodes in; there's 8 in the first season, and I'm hooked!  Although there's a decent amount of language, the storylines are powerful, intense, and the array of emotions is absolutely captivating!  So if you ever find yourself needing a good show, this is it.

Kelly:  Holly was telling me that you learn something about Emma in the second episode and I'm like DON'T TELL ME ANYTHING!!! She's one episode ahead of me; currently loading the second one as I type. I hope this time this will hold on for a little longer; we've had a pretty nasty track record of enjoying shows that only last for a short while (Improvaganza, Flash Forward, just to name a few...). But yeah, I am hooked as well! Ok, that's all in the world of us today. And as always, more madness will be sure to come later!

No comments: