Monday, January 9, 2012

It all started on Friday...

Kelly: As most of you know, I got a crown for my old ugly gray tooth last Tuesday. Yay! It's all nice and purtyful, made of shimmery white porcelain. The process leading up to this was not easy; the tooth had been the way it was since I was in 6th grade. And now...boom. New shiny tooth.
Before tooth shot (this pic was taken in July on the day I got my new glasses)...

After (taken just a few days ago)
Well, everything was hunky dory until early Friday morning. I woke up to the sound of my dog whining at the bottom of our stairs, desperately needing to go outside. After I took her out, I laid back down and felt a strange throbbing where my crown was. Figuring I just slept on it weird, I went back to sleep. Woke up about an hour later and it was throbbing worse. So I called my dentist because I figured this was not normal and they told me to come in right away.

The dentist I saw was not my regular one, but he took an x-ray and discovered the problem; the root where my crown is was all yucky....infected. I was told I would have to have it redone eventually (had a previous root canal there when I was really young). Eventually was code for ASAP. The dentist made a few calls and found an endodontist in Lexington who could do the retreat. This was done today. Walked in at 4, had a few fits about insurance, got the retreat and left; took about an hour to do. My top gums were numb...took 5 shots of novacaine to numb the area around my very VERY painful tooth before I couldn't feel anything. In addition, I had two shots in my upper gum, two in the back behind my tooth and one near the roof of my mouth.

Went to Wal-mart to get my prescriptions filled: hello Lortab, prescription-strength ibuprofen and amoxicillin. Already have taken a Lortab and an ibuprofen....and it's finally starting to kick in after about half an hour. In about another hour I'll probably be passed out on the floor; already starting to feel a bit sleepy. I'll keep everyone informed about how I'm feeling, but in the meantime...LET'S GET BETTER!

Holly: I hate seeing my sister in pain.  Enough said.  Yes, LET'S GET BETTER! <3

No comments: