Friday, January 13, 2012

Potpurri post #1

 Holly: Usually Kelly and I have a specific topic that one of us starts and the other replies to.  But today, we don't have anything specific to talk about, so...


Kelly and I's very absolute best Berea friend just became employed as of today!!!!!! She will be teaching English to little kids in South Korea and we are ecstatic for her! <3  My boss and I share a mutual LOATHING for the snow/cold/winter in general.  I absolutely adore my boss this semester so this will not be the first mention of him.  This is the first semester (I am not making this up) that I actually 100% without a doubt thoroughly enjoy and look forward to all my classes! Yes.  ALL of them.   I also happen to be graduating upon this realization.  Kind of sad.  Anyway...

I need a haircut.  Kelly does too.  Today in my Herpetology (Reptiles) course I learned about a teeny tiny toad that, when approached by a predator, tenses up, puts itself in a little ball, and tumbles down a cliff.  I am not making this up.  It's called a Pebble Toad.  Look it up if you don't believe me. 

And lastly, but most certainly not least: I received an email over Christmas break from TPTB saying that I am officially on the list of candidates for graduating in the spring! YAHOO!!!!! Four long hellacious years are almost over! :)

Kelly: For this post, I will start with a follow up of Monday's post. Early Tuesday morning I ended up sick (as in the nasty sick) from my pain medications. After this nasty sick went on for the majority of the early morning, I ended up in the ER for about 2 hours because I could not keep anything down. Yeah. Awful.

I don't want to talk about it anymore.

I am on the mend now and feeling great! Each day my mouth feels a little better, so we're making slow progress here. Enough about that; have an appointment in two weeks for follow-up and then we're sealing the deal...or just re-sealing the back of my tooth. On another note, I start clinicals this upcoming week. I will be spending the first part of the semester on Tuesdays at Shriner's Hospital for Children. If you are not familiar with any Shriner's Hospital, GET familiar. It is a fantastic service that these hospitals over the country provide. During the latter half, I will have my first evening set of clinicals at the University of Kentucky Children's Hospital. w00t. And of course on Thursdays I will be at a larger hospital taking care of sick adults on an acute care setting (we call it Medical/Surgical or Med/Surg I will often refer to it as). I write a separate nursing blog, so read all about that starting next week!! Upon doing research at work, I found out that I have Spheksophobia, or a fear of wasps.

Last tidbit to share; a friend of mine is on the news!!!!!!! I don't know exactly what he does, but I saw his debut on Youtube this morning, so I am going to share the link. He has some very interesting viewpoints...if I understood what they meant. lol. Cheers and hope everyone has a good long weekend :]

Ahmad Shuja: click here to watch it!!
An up-to-date picture of yours truly.  Holly: left.  Kelly: right.  Holly just got new specs!

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Haha this totally captures both of you so well! Such clear voices :D

Holly said...

Thanks so much Victoria! You are by and large our sweetest commenter. And congrats on the new job!!!!! :)

Deb and Barbara said...

Just catching up, ladies. ADORABLE as ever!! Kelly, so glad the mouth is on the mend. I feel your pain (had my own series of awful root canals -- on the same tooth -- over the years). Ouch. Have a great weekend!!! B

Holly said...

Aah, we're so glad you enjoy our blog! Hope your weekend is smashing as well! :)