Holly: Man, I'm in a good mood too. Oh well...here we go:
1. Close-mindedness. I really don't think I need to elaborate much more on this. Newsflash: people in the world are going to think differently than you, have different opinions than you, be from somewhere else other than where you're from, like and dislike different things, believe in the same or a different God (or no God at all). Be accepting. Learn something about someone else. Don't stay trapped in your silly little box forever.
2. Employers who don't follow through. I've had a LOT of frustrations with this, especially while looking for another job. How stinking hard is it to send a two-sentence email or make a thirty second phone call saying "thanks, but no thanks?" or "hey, how about this time for your second interview?" Because then who has to look like the annoying badger? Me. I know for some places you possibly can't reach everyone....but can you at least try?
3. Drivers who don't use their turn signals. I know it's silly, but it really irritates me. That little stick thing by your steering wheel isn't there for fun. Use it! (My backside right turn signal bulb is currently burned out on my car, so now I feel like a turd every time I use my turn signal even though I know people behind me can't see it. Now they think I'm being rude. I still use it though. Don't know why...)
4. My friend posted this one, but it really gets my blood boiling: People who are GLUED to their technology. Um...hello? You're the one who said let's have lunch. Put the phone away. You can stay unplugged for an hour or two. I really can't stand it when I see moms or dads with their kids and the kids are trying to get their attention....nope. iPhone is more important. Ugghhh....PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR KIDS AND THE PEOPLE YOU HANG OUT WITH!! Have actual, face-to-face, meaningful conversation! TALK to people with words, not with texts!
5. This one is kind of silly too, but I think for me it's a matter of sheer respect: Fans of a certain actor or actress who don't see them as a PERSON, but rather as the iconic character that made their career. For example: I am a big fan of Martin Freeman. I've seen a lot of his work. Now that the first installment of The Hobbit is over I read things on the internet, etc, and people are like "Oh it's Bilbo Baggins!" Same with Sherlock: "Jawn, what are you doing?" Um...no. It's Martin Freeman. I'm fairly certain Martin Freeman didn't become the brilliant actor that he is just for people to follow him as Bilbo Baggins or John Watson for the rest of his life. I think if you have a favorite actor or actress, take the time to see other things they're in. You'll gain a lot more respect for them and maybe take yourself out of that ONE character box. I know if I ever get the chance to meet him (God willing! lol) I'm going to tell him that I really enjoy his work and that it's an absolute pleasure to meet him...not just that he makes a good Bilbo or John. Actors are just ordinary people who just really love what they do.
Kelly: These are in no particular order. I have similar ones to Holly's but here's a few of my own too.
1. Diets. Because in my opinion they don't work. Look now, we've got the cheese diet, the grape fruit diet, and all this stuff. I'm not going to judge you if you do use them, but I sincerely hope you balance the risks and benefits. Maybe for a while, but in the long run I really feel that they just don't work. Heck, doing what I'm doing now is working, and no dieting has taken place. It's simple; eat right and get off your bum every now and then.
2. Tardiness. ACK!!! At my job my supervisor said that this semester has shown the most problems with people being late/not showing up for work. Drives me NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you're going to be there then be there! Or at least call if you're going to be late!
3. Peer Pressure. This has been a lingering pet peeve of mine for as long as I can remember. I've been in the midst of this many times in my high school and young adult life. I can't describe the feeling of being backed into a corner with nobody to defend you. In life we've always been taught that no means NO, yet for some I've encountered in my life they just can't get that in their heads. It's frustrating and at times scary, especially when you find yourself in a situation that you do not want to be in. It can be awkward too, but you just have to be true to yourself and stick with what you feel comfortable with.
4. Complaining about being tired for being up all night. "Oh my gosh I'm so tired. I stayed up all night and couldn't get to sleep because I left my phone on and everybody was texting me. I wish I could sleep." Hmm...here's an idea; turn the phone off and SLEEP. Now I understand sometimes work and projects keep one up all night, but...staying up all night for no reason and then having the audacity to complain about it? No thanks.
5. Getting even or saying you're going to get even. Really? What are you, four? Because I know people who think fighting fire with fire is going to solve everything. It isn't. At all. What ever happened to just talking and trying to reach a solution?
No comments:
Post a Comment