![]() |
| Hath! |
Holly: So I entertained several possibilities for this one. First, I thought, well, is Novice Hame an alien?
Nah, I decided. While she is part cat, cats aren't alien. So I threw that out. Then, I thought, well, what about the Face of Boe?
Went with no on that one too. The Face of Boe is....well, he just is, really. Don't really want to explain all that.
So I finally decided on an Ood.
Ood are a basic slave race; they live by orders. That's their purpose: to serve, and they are happy to do so. They don't know anything else. They speak through a communicator, which is what he's holding, as well as telepathy. And they sing (sort of...), and it's quite beautiful. When we first see them in "The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit", they go kind of rogue. Red eyes, y'all. Red eyes are bad. But when their eyes are not red, they're so expressive and sweet. They're sadly mistreated along the Doctor's journeys, but the Ood eventually come to join the side of The Doctor and Rose, and later Donna, and are with the Tenth Doctor in his final moments.
I want one. But rest assured I would treat it with the utmost kindness.




No comments:
Post a Comment