Wednesday, May 28, 2014

30 Days of Doctor Who: Least favorite actress/Favorite writer

Holly: Again with this "least favorite" business...no.  Just no.  Every lady on this show does a fantastic job.  Seriously.  I'm done with that.

In terms of favorite writer, off the top of my head, Paul Cornell comes to my mind.  He wrote what is perhaps my favorite Who episode, "Human Nature/Family of Blood".  Oh. my. goodness.  To keep it brief without giving too much away, it's nothing short of brilliant.  And we won't even touch with a ten foot pole at just how AMAZING David Tennant is in it.  Ok, done with my bias there :)  Go watch it if you haven't yet.  Or if, like me, you've seen it a hundred times, watch it again.

Now, I know a lot of the fans are not terribly pleased with the direction that Moffat has taken the show since David Tennant and RTD's departure, but I admit, I think it's pretty awesome stuff.  Moffat writes some brilliant stuff (and funny too!).  However, RTD's episodes I still enjoy much more, especially his finales: he did a great job of wrapping up all the lose ends, and usually leaving us with a few tears shed in the process as well.  I still love going back to the "oldies" :))) every now and then...

Kelly: We only have one episode left before the end of the newly designed series (tear) and wow I have been impressed. However, I am...sorry. Trying to nom while I write. Anyway I consider myself a fan of the RTD era still overall. In my opinion the post RTD has a lot of just "fluff." I don't like fluff. Chris Chibnall is another good writer, who has appeared in both the RTD and Moffat era. Though a couple of his eps weren't that great, he did write one of my favorite eps: 42. Ahhhh...it's just so good! It wasn't at all what I was expecting but oh my glob it's so good. Just give it a go; it's a heck of a thrill! So yeah. That's all I have to say about that.

No comments: