Sunday, May 25, 2014

30 Days of Doctor Who: Most annoying character/Favorite Actor

Holly: This is probably the longest 30 day writing challenge in existence.  haha.  Gosh, life just has a way of sneaking up on you and allowing the days to just fly and fly and fly, right on by.  We're combining a couple of days again, so I'm (briefly) chatting on what we think is the most annoying character.  Which, I think, is kind of mean, but whatever.  All for the sake of writing, I suppose.

We were not a fan of Lady Christina de Souza, who was in the Tenth special "Planet of the Dead."  To be honest, we weren't a fan of the episode altogether.  I (Holly) was really looking forward to another strong female companion but I just didn't see that in her.  She was really "my way or no way" and kind of greedy, at one point holding on tightly to a sacred treasure instead of letting it go to save a bus full of innocent people.  Not really much of a moral compass either.  Although I have absolutely nothing against the actress (watch Steven Moffat's Jekyll, she's brilliant), but yeah.  Just didn't roll with us too well.

Kelly: So it's no secret on who our favorite actor is.

Yup. You guessed it!

Oh my gloooooooooooooooooooooooooooobbbbbbbbbbbbbb. Talk about talent. Nothing short of genuine, pure raw and amazing talent. I mean seriously. Something that we do is when we like a new show or movie, we do our best to watch some of the other things the leading gent (or leading lady) have been in in the past. We've just started doing this with Matt Smith, and we've seen a good bit of David Tennant's other work besides as the dear Doctor himself. One thing that I really love is that he genuinely cares for and about his fans, and it's super sweet. Don't really know too many people in general who spare a second thought to those outside of their little comfortable network. We have some of our favorite pre/post Doctor media, like Broadchurch, Single Father and Nativity 2 (we strongly encourage you lot to check them out). But my personal favorite of his other than the Doctor is his role in a TV movie that came out a few years ago titled Recovery. Recovery tells the story of a man who after a tragic accident suffers from a traumatic brain injury. This changes his personality, his ambitions and his life as he struggles to relearn how to be a husband, working class individual and father. You will laugh, you will cry (or at least I did) and I hope you will spare a thought for those who have gone through what the story portrays.

Having been exposed to injuries and illnesses of that nature, I have to applaud David's performance, because in not only my personal, but as a healthcare provider, it was pretty spot on! But seriously, if you all have a favorite actor/actress, stray away from the role that they are "known" for, look into some other things they have done, and let me tell you you will have such a new found appreciation for them not only in their careers but as people. Yes. They are people before they are actors/actresses. I think that that is so often forgotten. So there you have it! 

No comments: