Kelly: 3. Still 3. I don't know if that's ever going to change. Season 3 has some of my favorite episodes and story lines, including my favorite favorite (Human Nature/Family of Blood). Season 6 was a VERY close second, but 3 is still my favorite. It also has my second favorite villain, which I will go more in-depth in a couple of days. The writing is the best, and the progression from start to finish is amazing. Watching Martha go from mere sidekick to actual companion is a treat to watch. Although I do wish she would have gotten a somewhat happier ending...not that it was bad by any means. But she loved the Doctor, and he was still grief stricken over losing Rose...SPOILERS. Plus I really liked Martha's character...don't know why a lot of the Who fandom didn't.
If you're not a fan of the show already, this season will make you love it, in my opinion....baaah. Had to get up and readjust the washing machine. I also like that in this season you learn a bit about the Doctor's home planet and what his people were like. Previously, all we knew was that he was a Time Lord and his home planet was called Gallifrey, and that was about it. Granted we only learn about one other Time Lord, who turns out to not be like the Doctor at all...gaah. Sorry. More spoilers. Just promise me that those who aren't fans of the show will watch it eventually. Pretty please.
Holly: So, since Kelly discussed Season 3, which is pretty stinkin' hard to beat, I'll chat briefly about season 6. 3 and 6 come in a very close tie for me. 6 was such a great season. It was the second season featuring Eleven, and we were totally disappointed in the 5th season...a lot of the episodes were, just quite frankly, stupid, with no climaxes, no real plot development. No real plot. No real anything except a bunch of sub-par episodes...ANYWAY, I digress. 6. I think what I love the most about this season is that we see more of Amy and Eleven's relationship; it grows so much stronger. In fact, Eleven and Amy just shine in this season; they both have some great moments, great lines, great conversations, etc. Plus, we see more of Rory, whom I love to pieces and then some. I love the story arc with River/Melody (SPOILERS). "The Doctor's Wife" and "A Good Man Goes to War" are probably some of the best episodes of the revived series, in my opinion. With the exception of one episode (and even the ending is awesome, at that), every episode I really, really enjoyed.
If you're new to Eleven's run, give it time. It gets better, SO much better!


No comments:
Post a Comment