Friday, July 26, 2013

30 Days of Sherlock: Favorite Sherlock actress (or another actor)

Holly: Ladies and gentlemen, THIS IS OUR 200TH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*insert cheesy applause* w0000t!!! Thanks for sticking with us, y'all! Here's to 200 more!

Ok, shameless plug done.  Today we're going to shift our focus to the leading man of Sherlock, none other than Mr C (Yes, we call him Mr C).  I think I first saw him in "Amazing Grace", though I didn't put the name to the face.  Then we didn't see him for a while after that.  Actually, I think we were just getting into Sherlock and then when he first came on I practically shouted "HEY HE WAS IN AMAZING GRACE!"  By the way, if you haven't seen Amazing Grace, you really need to.  He doesn't have a large role in it but it's still a very good movie.  Anyway, after I saw him in Sherlock, I was...impressed, to say the least, so I wanted to see more of his work.  We've seen pretty much everything he's in.  Out of his stuff, I love Third Star.  Unfortunately, it isn't available in the US, so you have to watch it online, but it's a really powerful and beautiful story.  Kelly posted the trailer below.  Another short film of his that isn't really well known is Inseparable.  It's about.....well, it's about twins, so naturally, Kelly and I love it.  There's very little dialogue and it's just over 10 minutes long, but never in my life have I seen a movie tell so strong a story with no words.  I've posted a link below- I dare you to not be moved or touched in some way.

Something I really adore about him is his modesty.  If you've ever watched him in interviews...he's so successful, he's not much older than us, but he doesn't let it get to his head.  He loves his fans and he loves what he does.  And he's good at it.  One more thing...ladies, he's single!  I love that about him too.  Way too often celebs that break up are so quick to jump into another relationship; it's like whiplash, almost.  I applaud you, Mr C.  The right one will come along at the right time! :)

Inseparable (2007)

Kelly: In light of yesterday's post, I think that it's only fair to talk about the other Sherlock leading man, none other than Benedict Cumberbatch, whose name is probably just as great (if not greater) than Sherlock Holmes. Like Martin, I recognized Mr. C (my nickname. Hey, you need some shortcuts every now and then in life) in the movie Amazing Grace. In fact, when we first started watching the show, I remember saying "it's William Pitt!!!" Since then, I have seen much much more of his work, which again, as I mentioned in yesterday's post, is something I recommend doing with any actor/actress you fancy. Get to know them in something other than what they're "known" for. I'd have to say now that I've seen some of his other work, my favorite non-Sherlock role of his is in a movie called Third Star. It's a beautiful movie about friendship, struggles, but it comes with a very sad ending. I've posted a link for the trailer at the end. Unfortunately, this movie is not being released in the states (I watched it online). And what I like about Mr. C in the movie is that he plays his character so well. And like Martin, I think you have to know what that struggle feels like; sorry, trying not to ruin too many of the details. PLEASE see this movie!! While I have not experienced what the main character has, I think we can all attest to the fact that we've been there to see friends struggle with...something.

It has been a privilege and in my opinion an honor to explore some of these two actor's other roles in their career, and my goodness the writers of Sherlock could not have picked a more perfect ensemble. EVERYONE in the show is great!

Third Star trailer

No comments: