Wednesday, July 3, 2013

30 Days of Sherlock: Favorite minor character

Holly: I had to think for a while about this one, but then it struck me later and now it's no surprise.

WARNING: spoilers revealed below if you've never watched.  Proceed with caution.


Molly Hooper, aka the pathologist at St. Barts.  Unfortunately, we don't see much of her in the series, but when we do see her she is always helping Sherlock.  Despite this, she does have to put up with a lot of his crap: forcing her to cancel plans, humiliating her at the Christmas party, etc.  Even when Sherlock reaches his near breaking point, she still asks him, with the utmost sincerity "What do you need?"  Sherlock is a bit brash toward her, but he does trust her, and always will.  I know for a fact that she had something to do with Sherlock faking his death.  I'm also looking forward to what Season 3 will bring for her.  I really hope we do see more of her.

Kelly: Molly is also one of my favorite minor character, but Lestrade is another favorite of mine too. He is so incredibly skeptical of Sherlock and his "abilities" but knows that without him Scotland Yard would not have been able to get anywhere in solving the many cases he summoned Sherlock's help for.
"But you NEED me."
"Yes...yes I do. God help me."
Not to mention, Sherlock and Lestrade have such wonderful chemistry, and their banter definitely puts on a lighter tone to some of the dark themes that sometimes occur in the series.
"Well don't take it personally, Sherlock, but I always feel like screaming every time you walk into the room." Unfortunately, at the end of Reichenbach, Lestrade starts to lose faith in Sherlock and starts believing two of his other colleagues when they hint that Sherlock may be involved in a case. When he arrives at 221B Baker Street with the arrest warrant, you can tell he looks so pained by what he is about to do. However, I have my suspicions. I think Lestrade knows Sherlock faked his death.

No comments: