Thursday, July 4, 2013

30 Days of Sherlock: Favorite Quote

Holly and Kelly: Naturally, because this show is so well-written (seriously...it is), we couldn't pick just one quote.  So we decided to just compile a big list of silly ones and not-so-silly ones.  Enjoy.  See if your favorite makes the list.

Silly:

"Anderson, don't talk out loud.  You lower the IQ of the entire street." ~Sherlock
"If I wanted poetry, I'd read John's emails to his girlfriend.  Much funnier."  ~Sherlock
"And exactly how many times did he fall out the window?" "Oh, it's all a bit of a blur, Detective Inspector.  I lost count."  ~Lestrade and Sherlock
"We can't giggle.  It's a crime scene." ~John
"Here to see the Queen?" (Mycroft walks in) "Apparently, yes." ~John and Sherlock
"Get off my sheet!" ~Sherlock
I'm disappointed in you, ORDINARY Sherlock!" ~Moriarty
"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants." ~John
"Coffee.  I made coffee." ~Sherlock
"Laterz!" ~Sherlock
"Why didn't I think of that?" "Because you're an idiot." ~John and Sherlock
"I didn't get the shopping." "Why not?" "Because I had a row, in the shop, with a chip and pin machine." "You had a row with a machine?" "Well, it just kind of stood there while I shouted abuse at it." ~John and Sherlock

Not-so-silly:

"I don't count." ~Molly (then Sherlock's confused face)
"I don't have friends.  I've just got one." ~Sherlock
"Nobody could be that clever." "You could." ~Sherlock and John
"If I wasn't everything you think I am, or I think I am, would you still want to help me?" "What do you need?"  "You." ~Sherlock and Molly
"You look sad, when you think he can't see you." ~Molly, to Sherlock
"This is your heart, and you should never let it rule your head." ~Sherlock
"The stuff you wanted to say, but didn't say it..." "Yeah." "Say it now." "....I can't.  I'm sorry.  I can't." ~John and his therapist
"She's dying, you machine! Sod this.  Sod this, you stay here if you want.  On your own." "Alone is what I have.  Alone protects me." "No.  Friends protect people." ~John and Sherlock (we like this one so much because Martin Freeman improvised this line.  Yep. Just made it up)
"You told me once that you weren't a hero.  There were times that I didn't even think you were human.  But let me tell you this, you were the best man, and the most human...human being that I have ever known, and no one will ever convince me you told me a lie.  So...there.  I was so alone, and I owe you so much.  Please, there's just one more thing, one more thing, one more miracle; don't...be....dead.  Would you do that, just for me? Just stop it.  Just stop it, stop this..." ~John, to Sherlock's grave :(

P.S. We wish all of our dear readers a very happy 4th of July! Please stay safe and have fun!

No comments: