Monday, May 13, 2013

30 Days of Writing: Five words or phrases that make you laugh

Kelly: 1. "Gimme..." My Grandpa used to say that whenever he wanted something. "Gimme that bread" or "Gimme some more of that" when we would eat dinner. Good times.

2. "TOUCHY!!!!" If you have to ask, you'll never know.

3. "Have you eaten? You look terrible." From my favorite Tim Hawkins sketch. Just YouTube it. You won't regret it.

4. "Poop-a-doop." One of the techs where I did my last semester of clinicals would say that. Cracked me up.

5. "I don't think they heard you in SCOTLAND!!!" Bill Engvall's sketch about Pads. Again. Definitely a looker; YouTube it.

Holly: 1. "If Jesus came last night, I missed him."  I say this usually after sleeping REALLY well the night before; I have to be pretty much exhausted and not move at all or wake up at all during the night.

2. Whenever I go to work and this particular manager is there, I always ask her how she's doing, and we both go "Oh, you know, same old, same old."  Every time.

3. The way my dad overemphasizes "oh. em. gee" always makes me laugh.

4. "This is why we can't have nice things!" I say this to ANYONE all the time, if the moment is right.  It caught on so much that my former Berea labor supervisor/academic adviser wrote it on my graduation hat.

5. "I brake for Hobbits."  I saw a picture of this on the internet; it's on a bumper sticker.  I need it.

No comments: