Holly: A lot of things have changed for us in a short amount of time. So here's what's going on.
We have been at our new apartment for about four weeks now. While it still has its messy places, its boxes of stuff with nowhere to go, and a washer that still needs to be hooked up (any takers?????), we are feeling very at home and happy. This morning we finally had to turn on the AC after putting it off for a while now...Berea Municipal is scary.....more on that later. Wiley is contently snoozing on a student hand-me-down armchair and Yoda is....well...somewhere around here, probably getting into some kind of mischief.
A week ago I started a second job, back at University of Kentucky. It's only part time, and it's only through the summer. Essentially I play mail clerk and get slides for the pathology department. It's pretty boring, actually, and the commute is pretty wretched, and I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about it, but the ladies I work with are quite pleasant, so that helps. I have applied for a position in the biology department there and my application has gone on to the hiring officials, so we will see about that; I'd basically be helping to run UK's biology labs, and it would be full time and NOT temporary. We shall see. Just praying that God will show me where to go and what to do.
I still work Old Navy, but on the weekends now. Even though my UK job is only 3 hours a day, it's a TON of driving in Lexington, and my poor car just doesn't get the gas mileage it used to. I'm coming up on six months at Old Navy. Considering earlier posts I ranted and raved about quitting...well, it's just amazing what can happen and how God can use you. I really love working there. I've become friends with some pretty awesome people there too.
Life is pretty good, peeps. Pretty darn good. :)
Kelly: I've been out of college for almost four weeks now...WOW!!! That is crazy for me, and it still hits me at random at times. Like...whoa, I'm not a college kid anymore. But I've got some great news to share as well! Earlier this month, I scheduled to take the boards (NCLEX). I currently hold a provisional RN license, which means that I can still work, but I have to be supervised by an RN or ARNP until I pass the boards and become an RN. Well, I took the boards yesterday! It was intense and it took me over 2 and a half hours to answer 202 questions! I got my results this morning and I PASSED! I'm now a Registered Nurse, so maybe I'll just start signing my name Kelly Korb, RN, BSN! ^_^
BUT...I still don't have a job yet! :( There haven't been any new openings in a few places, so for now I'm on a standstill. I plan on making some phone calls today to some jobs I applied back in March, so we'll see! Several applications have been referred rather quickly, so that's good news! It's just a matter of time I suppose, but I'm looking and applying to at least one job every day. If not applying I look every day! I'm just praying that God will open something up for me. Maybe He just wanted me to pass the boards first. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment