Saturday, May 4, 2013

30 Days of Writing: Something you always wonder "What if?"

Kelly: What if I don't find a job/don't like a job/become desperate and just take a job?

This has been a lingering worry of mine. Granted, I'm very open minded, and the field of nursing is opening SO MANY doors for me. I just hope that since I graduate tomorrow (!!!!!) that I don't just run to the first job I get offered simply because I'm desperate...eeek. But, I do graduate tomorrow, and I still do not have a job lined up, so I don't know. Maybe I will have to take the first job I get. I was watching the news last night and the unemployment rate is the lowest its been since December of 2008, so that definitely gives me hope. But yeah...not working. I suppose for now I will do my best to enjoy this time of not working, keep looking, keep praying and hoping that God will put me where He wants me to go!

Holly: What if God calls me to leave Berea and start over again?

I am aware that this is a possibility and that could happen.  But right now, I'm so happy here.  Kelly and I just moved to an awesome new apartment, I have an amazing church family that I would be utterly devastated to leave, I have a job that I really enjoy, and all our friends and support network are here.  Berea is less than a day's drive to our parents, everything is easy to get to and not far from...well, anything, really; I mean, 10 minutes away is Richmond, and 20 more minutes and you're getting into Lexington.  I honestly wouldn't even mind living in Lexington someday.

I don't know...it's funny, really, if you told me 5 years ago I'd end up living in somewhere like Berea, I'd laugh in your face.  Now I can't imagine being anywhere else.  I guess we'll see where God leads me, but for now, I know I'm supposed to be here.  :)

No comments: