Wednesday, May 15, 2013

30 Days of Writing: Things you like and dislike about yourself

Holly: Dislikes:
~my incessant need to fit in. This usually means butting into other people's conversations. I'm 23, for crying out loud.  Sometimes it's ok to just be by yourself.
~my tendency to blurt out whatever I'm saying instead of thinking things through
~my sometimes-impulsive spending
~crying out in desperation to God only when things go wrong or when I really want something, instead of daily conversations with Him when things are BOTH good and bad
~my need to fill in awkward silences.  Silence is ok sometimes.
~my road rage
~I don't read enough.  Period.  I need to, and I'm working on it.
~trying to "fix" things whenever my friends or someone I love is upset or hurting or otherwise in some sort of trouble.  Just listening is usually all they need.
~unrealistic happiness...that is, not recognizing that sometimes I can be sad, or pissed off. I am terrible at showing my emotions.

Likes:
~I'm always on time or early
~I generally have a good disposition and outlook on life.  I'm bubbly by nature and like being happy
~I love to laugh and do it often
~my relationship with God.  Yeah, it's been up and down a lot, but a lot of things in my life have threatened my faith and I think I've come out stronger because of it
~my motivation and determination.  It's rare that I give up.
~my modesty.  I hate being the center of attention.
~my love for people.  I love people so much it hurts sometimes.
~(I think??) I'm a good friend.  I don't judge because I'm in no position to do so.
~I've almost always been happy with the way I look, never really gave in to peer pressure or any of that.  I was the model child and teenager, never did the whole rebellion thing.  I was a good kid.  I still am.  I'd much rather stay in than go out.

Kelly: 

Dislikes:
~When I'm not confident in something, I act silly and stupid.
~I've developed the habit of stress eating. Not good, boo boo. Not good.
~I often avoid conflict as much as I can. I hate getting involved in confrontations if I know they're going to get ugly. Working on this, as in my future career I may have this happen to me...
~I ugly cry. For real.
~I get really REALLY hard on myself when I make a mistake.

Likes:
~I am probably one of the biggest people person ever! I love helping people when I can.
~I've managed to continue my healthy habits with continued improvement and overall healthiness! And the fact that they're so simple!
~That I'm a Christian and God loves me for me!
~I'm a very punctual person. I HATE being late! This is the girl talking who left an hour and 20 minutes before a job interview (good thing I did! 2 wrong turns and unfamiliar traffic took me an hour!)
~Along with being a people person I'm very compassionate. My heart breaks for those who are hurting and are less fortunate than me (this includes animals too).
~I'm very upfront with how I'm feeling. If I'm angry, I say so. If I'm sad, I say so. I don't like boxing up my emotions and trying to cover them up. Some people are very comfortable with doing that. I'm not one of those people.
~My music/movie interests are sooooooooooooo varied! I have everything on my iPod from CCM to Queen to Instrumental. Movie wise? One day I'm interested in a sappy rom-com while the next day I'm screaming for some Iron Man or Batman Begins. You should see my DVD Collection.
~I'm very open minded. Always have been.

No comments: