Sunday, May 12, 2013

30 Days of Writing: Something you miss

Holly: Being a kid.  That's why I act silly a lot.  I love watching children: their innocence, their views on life, their lack of inhibitions.  I love being silly in front of kids because I know they won't judge me.  I miss not having to be responsible for me sometimes...sometimes I wish my mom and dad could go back to making all my decisions for me, taking care of me, etc.  I especially love kids in church because their answer for everything is always an overly enthusiastic "JESUS!!!".  We all learn something from kids.  Kids always make me smile and laugh; I'm constantly entertained by them.  I think the world would honestly be a better place sometimes if we just acted a little child-like every now and then.

Kelly: Raven. I miss her. Almost three years ago, she had to be put to sleep at 11 years old. She was in our lives starting at 8 years old. She came from a broken home; abused, malnourished and terrified of people. But little by little she gained our trust and won our hearts! I think about her a lot; not as often as I used to but I still do. I hope she's enjoying Jesus's company and playing with the other puppy dogs up there in Heaven. I remember growing up with her, and her being the quiet force of the house, a shoulder to lean on or cry on, or a pillow to lie on. I remember running around in the yard with her, throwing the ball and her barking with the ball in her mouth...that was the funniest thing I've ever seen a dog do! She was a good girl, and I bet if she were human she'd be a lot like us.
Raven. :) 

No comments: